Vew Recipes and Create a Shopping List
My Shopping List
Fruited Pork and Wild Rice Salad
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: n/a
Marinate: 35 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 3 c. cooked pork loin, cut in julienne strips
+ 3 c. cooked wild rice, chilled
+ 1 c. coarsely chopped walnuts
+ 1/4 c. chopped red onion
+ 1 c. cubed fresh pineapple, chilled (or 1 8-oz. can chunks, drained)
+ 1 c. sliced mushrooms
+ 1 (10-oz.) pkg. fresh spinach leaves, cleaned and torn
+ 1 c. raspberries, cleaned
+ 1 mango, peeled and diced
+ 1/3 c. raspberry vinegar
+ 2 Tbsp. olive oil
+ 2 tsp. honey
+ 1/4 tsp. salt
What to do:
1. In small bowl stir together vinegar, olive oil, honey and salt.
2. In large bowl toss together pork, rice, walnuts, onion, pineapple and mushrooms; add vinegar mixture and toss to coat evenly.
3. Arrange spinach on large serving platter; top with pork mixture. Arrange raspberries and mango on top.
* Serving Suggestions: This tangy entrée salad pairs choice fruits--pineapple, raspberries, mango--with sophisticated wild rice and fresh spinach. Three cups of cooked pork loin is a little over a pound of pork roast--leftovers from a roast would be perfect in this hearty "day two" device.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: www.PorkBeInspired.com
Riesling/Rhine, Chardonnay, Gewürztraminer
Calories: 440; Total Fat: 22g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Cholesterol: 50mg; Total Carbs: 37g; Protein: 29g; Sodium: 190mg;