Vew Recipes and Create a Shopping List
My Shopping List
Slow-Cooked Corned Beef in Beer with Red Currant-Mustard Sauce
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 6 Hrs.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 (2-1/2 -3 lb.) boneless corned beef brisket with seasoning packet
+ 3 ribs celery, cut into 3-in. pieces
+ 2 medium onions, cut into quarters
+ 2-1/2 c. water, divided
+ 12 oz. bottle beer
+ 1 lb. green cabbage, cut into thin wedges
+ 1 lb. red-skinned potatoes, cut into 2-in. pieces
+ 6-8 baby carrots, trimmed or 4 med. carrots, cut crosswise into thirds
+ 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
+ chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Red Currant-Mustard Sauce:
+ 1 jar (12 oz.) red currant jelly
+ 3 Tbsp. country Dijon-style mustard
What to do:
1. Place celery and onions in 4-1/2- to 5-1/2-qt. slow cooker; top with corned beef brisket. Sprinkle contents of seasoning packet over brisket. Add 2 c. water and beer. Cover; cook on HIGH 6-7 hrs. or on LOW 9-10 hrs., or until brisket is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
2. Meanwhile, place cabbage, potatoes and carrots in 2-1/2 qt. microwave-safe dish; add remaining 1/2 c. water. Cover; microwave on HIGH 15-18 min. or until vegetables are tender, stirring or rearranging once. Drain; remove and discard cores from cabbage wedges. Add butter; season with salt and pepper, as desired. Toss to coat; keep warm.
3. Prepare Red Currant-Mustard Sauce. Place jelly in medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover; microwave on HIGH 1-1/2 to 2 min. or until melted, stirring once. Whisk in mustard. Cover; microwave on HIGH 30 sec. Stir; keep warm.
4. Remove brisket and carve diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with vegetables and sauce. Garnish with parsley, if desired.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff.
Calories: 431; Total Fat: 18g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 86mg; Total Carbs: 47g; Fiber: 3g; Protein: 17g; Sodium: 1097mg;